The following guidance is intended for staff and families engaging in Center-Based or School services. We expect all staff and families to follow these recommendations to mitigate the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 while engaging in services.
If a family has any reservations about their child receiving services, please let your Teacher or Program Coordinator know. We will work with families to determine if additional/alternative telehealth services are appropriate and how to utilize such services and/or to provide a suggested schedule, list of activities, strategies for teaching, and guidance on managing problem behavior.
Exposure information will be shared with parents/guardians/staff as necessary while maintaining the required confidentiality.
Staff and participants are asked to self-screen before engaging in services. If an individual would answer YES to any of the questions listed below Potential will cancel services and wait to resume based upon current CDC guidelines. If symptoms are shown during a session that was not initially reported upon the start of the session, you will be contacted for pick up and we will follow the same guidelines for resuming services.
All staff, participants, and families are asked to monitor themselves daily. They should communicate to Potential and stay home until further communication if any of the following are present:
- Do you have a fever equal to or higher than 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or respiratory symptoms such as new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, repeated shaking with chills, body aches, muscle pain, headache, or new loss of taste or smell, headache, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, and runny nose?
- In the past 14 days, have you had potential exposure to a person with COVID-19? A potential exposure means a household contact or having close contact within 6 feet of an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 for at least 10 minutes. The timeframe for having contact with an individual includes 48 hours before the individual becomes symptomatic.
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19, have a test pending for COVID-19, or been told by a medical provider that you may or do have COVID-19?
Drop off/Pick up
- Upon arrival, please call 215-579-0670, hit * or 0 to let us know you are here.
- Staff may not arrive at your car until 5 minutes before the scheduled session starts .
- If the staff is running late, we will ask you to wait in your car until their arrival. Please be prepared with activities as feasible to keep your child occupied while waiting.
- We are limiting and spacing workspaces per room for safe distancing throughout the day.
- Disinfectant will be available in each room for regularly touched surfaces for staff use should an item need to be cleaned after use.
- Participants must have a change of clothes available. This should be labelled and provided in a gallon zip lock bag.
- We have separate bins to ensure materials that need cleaning are removed from the room and sanitized when able.
- Staff must utilize face masks when working within the closed space along with any individuals. They also will utilize other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate and available to the individual they are working with.
- All participants who engage in services are asked to wear masks if able and appropriate while at our location. Masks are available at our front desk.
Expectations for staff and families to reduce the spread:
- We have posted hand-washing and proper social distancing reminders throughout the office to assist and encourage expected behavior.
- After assisting individuals with handwashing, staff will also wash their hands.
- Tissues and no-touch receptacles are located in high traffic areas, as well as hand sanitizers at all workstations.
- The center’s facilities are being cleaned 5 days/ week.
- An air purification system has been installed that has been proven to remove germs and contaminants from the air throughout the day.
- We have assigned and will utilize the minimum number of staff necessary per case to provide services. This also includes having one staff member assigned the full day of service to reduce the number of individuals the participant encounters.
- To ensure the consistency of your services we are utilizing staff who may be able to fill in for other staff that are unable to work.
Please feel free to contact us at 215-579-0670 x109 with any additional questions or concerns.